Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome to Summer . . .




a perfect time to taste the sweetness of life.

Here are some words I found: "When you do the same tasks over and over, you can go beneath the surface, beyond the task itself, to the landscape of the soul."

I love to water plants, fill the birdbath, dry the dishes, fold towels. Smell laundry fresh out of the dryer. Light every candle in the house. Sing the same songs. Visit the same mountains. Love the same people. Sleep in the same bed. Because the blessed familiarity rests my mind, deepens my senses, and opens the doorway to soul.

Norman Rockwell said, "Commonplace never became tiresome. It is WE who become tired when we cease to become curious and appreciative. "

Summer is here. And appreciative is easier than ever. Delicious. Irresistible. Enjoy, my friends, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeannie! I feel the same way about summer. Thanks for the inspiration! And for your encouraging messages this week.

    Looks like your blog is blossoming, and I'm enjoying the view.

    I'm doing laundry right now--had forgotten how a damp towel can funk up a small living space! I will savor its fluffy warmth when it comes out of the dryer.

    Love you!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete